Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 23, 2009
Flavored Cigarette Ban
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Local retailers say no more flavored cigarettes is OK by them. Federal Drug Administration regulation that went into effect this week bans the sale of spiced and flavored cigarettes. The measure is part of the new FDA oversight of the cigarette industry. Murray's Discount Tobacco City owner Frank Henton says flavored cigarettes represent a negligible part of his business and won't significantly affect overall sales. Henton has been phasing out the flavored varieties for four or five months since the new regulations were announced.