Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Mon December 10, 2012
Five KY River Ports Get Grants
Four western Kentucky public river ports and a fifth in Louisville have been awarded state grants for repairs and improvements. The grants from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet total more than $400,000 and will be matched by the ports. Gov. Steve Beshear says business and industry depend on the ports for freight and raw materials, and the grants are an "investment in a critical part of Kentucky's commercial supply chain."
The grants are for construction and repairs at the riverport authorities in Paducah-McCracken County, Owensboro, Jefferson County, Hickman Fulton County and Henderson County.