Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon December 10, 2012
Five KY River Ports Get Grants
Four western Kentucky public river ports and a fifth in Louisville have been awarded state grants for repairs and improvements. The grants from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet total more than $400,000 and will be matched by the ports. Gov. Steve Beshear says business and industry depend on the ports for freight and raw materials, and the grants are an "investment in a critical part of Kentucky's commercial supply chain."
The grants are for construction and repairs at the riverport authorities in Paducah-McCracken County, Owensboro, Jefferson County, Hickman Fulton County and Henderson County.