Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri April 17, 2009
Five charged with counterfeiting
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – Paducah police officers have charged five people with attempting to pass counterfeit bills. Sergeant Brian Laird says the group is charged with first degree criminal possession of a forged instrument. The defendants had tried to pass false $100 bills manufactured at the Wal-mart on Hinkleville Road. Laird says the group obtained the forged bills from Paducah resident Derek Stepp. Stepp was arrested last week for possessing $3,000 worth of counterfeit money. The suspects are currently housed in the McCracken and Massac County jails.