Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Fri April 17, 2009
Five charged with counterfeiting
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – Paducah police officers have charged five people with attempting to pass counterfeit bills. Sergeant Brian Laird says the group is charged with first degree criminal possession of a forged instrument. The defendants had tried to pass false $100 bills manufactured at the Wal-mart on Hinkleville Road. Laird says the group obtained the forged bills from Paducah resident Derek Stepp. Stepp was arrested last week for possessing $3,000 worth of counterfeit money. The suspects are currently housed in the McCracken and Massac County jails.