Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu March 12, 2009
Fish Fry Location in Flux
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – The location of Paris Tennessee's World's Biggest Fish Fry is up in the air. The Henry County Fair Association has experienced numerous problems and delays in the construction of a new building on the fairgrounds. Now officials say it won't be completed in time for the April event. Fair Association President Ed Cuthbertson says the fair association tore down the former commercial building last August with plans to immediately construct a 16 thousand square foot structure to replace it. But requirements to install a sprinkler system and additional restrooms delayed construction and upped cost estimates by 100 thousand dollars. Cuthbertson says the fish fry will still be at the fairgrounds, but event organizers are still solidifying plans. He says construction on the new building should start soon and finish up mid-summer.