Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue December 30, 2008
Fish and Wildlife to Allow 1,000 Elk Permits
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Those seeking elk hunting permits in the Commonwealth will have a better chance of getting one next season. The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission voted yesterday to raise the number of permits to a thousand. That's up by 600 from the 2008-09 season. Committee members also decided to allow elk hunters the option of paying for permits online. The Cadiz Record reports the total number of permits will include 250 for antlered elk, the rest going toward antlerless elk. The next commission meeting is scheduled for the beginning of March in Frankfort.