Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue December 30, 2008
Fish and Wildlife to Allow 1,000 Elk Permits
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Those seeking elk hunting permits in the Commonwealth will have a better chance of getting one next season. The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission voted yesterday to raise the number of permits to a thousand. That's up by 600 from the 2008-09 season. Committee members also decided to allow elk hunters the option of paying for permits online. The Cadiz Record reports the total number of permits will include 250 for antlered elk, the rest going toward antlerless elk. The next commission meeting is scheduled for the beginning of March in Frankfort.