Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri July 24, 2009
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a fish consumption today for Fish Lake in Ballard County. High levels of PCB's or polychlorinated biphenyls (pah-lee-klor-i-nay-ted BY-fee-nalls) and mercury were found in some species of fish. Eating fish from these areas should be limited to once a month and up to six times a year. Women who are pregnant or of child bearing age and small children may be susceptible to some of the contaminants.