Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri July 24, 2009
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a fish consumption today for Fish Lake in Ballard County. High levels of PCB's or polychlorinated biphenyls (pah-lee-klor-i-nay-ted BY-fee-nalls) and mercury were found in some species of fish. Eating fish from these areas should be limited to once a month and up to six times a year. Women who are pregnant or of child bearing age and small children may be susceptible to some of the contaminants.