Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri July 24, 2009
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a fish consumption today for Fish Lake in Ballard County. High levels of PCB's or polychlorinated biphenyls (pah-lee-klor-i-nay-ted BY-fee-nalls) and mercury were found in some species of fish. Eating fish from these areas should be limited to once a month and up to six times a year. Women who are pregnant or of child bearing age and small children may be susceptible to some of the contaminants.