Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri July 24, 2009
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a fish consumption today for Fish Lake in Ballard County. High levels of PCB's or polychlorinated biphenyls (pah-lee-klor-i-nay-ted BY-fee-nalls) and mercury were found in some species of fish. Eating fish from these areas should be limited to once a month and up to six times a year. Women who are pregnant or of child bearing age and small children may be susceptible to some of the contaminants.