Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Fri July 24, 2009
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife issued a fish consumption today for Fish Lake in Ballard County. High levels of PCB's or polychlorinated biphenyls (pah-lee-klor-i-nay-ted BY-fee-nalls) and mercury were found in some species of fish. Eating fish from these areas should be limited to once a month and up to six times a year. Women who are pregnant or of child bearing age and small children may be susceptible to some of the contaminants.