Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Tue August 6, 2013
Fiscal Court to Reconsider PACRO Administrator Proposal Next Week
The McCracken County Fiscal Court is still considering whether to take over the administrative role of the Paducah-Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO.
At last night’s meeting, magistrates discussed a 150,000-dollar plan to manage the organization that seeks to mitigate the effects of the closure of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant. But Judge-Executive Van Newberry says magistrates need more time to consider the proposal.
He the compensation plan along with whether to hire a full or part-time director are all decisions magistrates want to settle before they assume a role administering PACRO.
The fiscal court will discuss the plan again early next week.