Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 6, 2013
Fiscal Court to Reconsider PACRO Administrator Proposal Next Week
The McCracken County Fiscal Court is still considering whether to take over the administrative role of the Paducah-Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO.
At last night’s meeting, magistrates discussed a 150,000-dollar plan to manage the organization that seeks to mitigate the effects of the closure of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant. But Judge-Executive Van Newberry says magistrates need more time to consider the proposal.
He the compensation plan along with whether to hire a full or part-time director are all decisions magistrates want to settle before they assume a role administering PACRO.
The fiscal court will discuss the plan again early next week.