Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue August 6, 2013
Fiscal Court to Reconsider PACRO Administrator Proposal Next Week
The McCracken County Fiscal Court is still considering whether to take over the administrative role of the Paducah-Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO.
At last night’s meeting, magistrates discussed a 150,000-dollar plan to manage the organization that seeks to mitigate the effects of the closure of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant. But Judge-Executive Van Newberry says magistrates need more time to consider the proposal.
He the compensation plan along with whether to hire a full or part-time director are all decisions magistrates want to settle before they assume a role administering PACRO.
The fiscal court will discuss the plan again early next week.