Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri October 16, 2009
Fiscal Court Hears Ballard Jail Needs
By Chris Taylor
Wickliffe, KY – The needs of Ballard County's jail took priority at a special-called meeting yesterday. Members of the county's Fiscal Court listened to a list of replacement costs for equipment. Cost estimates to fix and upgrade the 13-year-old facility are upwards of $175,000; that's nearly 15% more than the jail's annual budget. The Paducah Sun reports replacing the lighting-and-door control system and installing a new ventilation system take top priority. Next week, the fiscal court plans to discuss financing options.