Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri October 16, 2009
Fiscal Court Hears Ballard Jail Needs
By Chris Taylor
Wickliffe, KY – The needs of Ballard County's jail took priority at a special-called meeting yesterday. Members of the county's Fiscal Court listened to a list of replacement costs for equipment. Cost estimates to fix and upgrade the 13-year-old facility are upwards of $175,000; that's nearly 15% more than the jail's annual budget. The Paducah Sun reports replacing the lighting-and-door control system and installing a new ventilation system take top priority. Next week, the fiscal court plans to discuss financing options.