Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 16, 2009
Fiscal Court Hears Ballard Jail Needs
By Chris Taylor
Wickliffe, KY – The needs of Ballard County's jail took priority at a special-called meeting yesterday. Members of the county's Fiscal Court listened to a list of replacement costs for equipment. Cost estimates to fix and upgrade the 13-year-old facility are upwards of $175,000; that's nearly 15% more than the jail's annual budget. The Paducah Sun reports replacing the lighting-and-door control system and installing a new ventilation system take top priority. Next week, the fiscal court plans to discuss financing options.