Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 11, 2010
First Higher TVA Fuel Cost Adjustment Since 2008
Knoxville, TN – The Tennessee Valley Authority says its fuel costs are up due to higher demand in colder than normal temperatures and that means monthly residential bills will increase between two and a half and five and a half dollars for the first time since October 2008. A TVA statement says the increase takes effect in billing periods that begin March 1st. The adjustment is the way TVA manages changing fuel costs and the cost of purchased power.