Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 11, 2010
First Higher TVA Fuel Cost Adjustment Since 2008
Knoxville, TN – The Tennessee Valley Authority says its fuel costs are up due to higher demand in colder than normal temperatures and that means monthly residential bills will increase between two and a half and five and a half dollars for the first time since October 2008. A TVA statement says the increase takes effect in billing periods that begin March 1st. The adjustment is the way TVA manages changing fuel costs and the cost of purchased power.