Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon August 9, 2010
First District House Candidates: Lawrence and Rudy
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Fancy Farm, KY – The 130th annual Fancy Farm Picnic political stumping finished this year with speeches from Kentucky First District House candidate Mike Lawrence and incumbent Steve Rudy. Democratic candidate Lawrence spoke first saying he would bring the
change his opponent promised six years ago when he took office. Lawrence criticized Rudy as another lawmaker who wasn't doing his job.
"His second term, again he was asked why didn't he introduce or pass any legislation," Lawrence says. "His excuse this time, There is just too many laws.'"
Rudy took the stage for only one-third of his allotted speaking time, saying he didn't want to keep the crowd from air conditioning and barbecue. He touted his history of cutting tax, eliminating wasteful spending and his conservative record.
"I'm an advocate for life, traditional family and the second amendment," Rudy says. "I humbly ask for you continued support and I thank you all so much."
Rudy is running for his fourth term as First District Representative. This would be Lawrence's first term.