Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon May 20, 2013
First Cairo Bridge Meeting Tonight
The first of two public meetings concerning the future of the U.S. 51 Ohio River Bridge is tonight from 4-7 at Cairo High School.
Kentucky and Illinois highway officials are working with the Federal Highway Administration to gather public input on the nearly 80-year-old structure. The bridge could be repaired or replaced.
A second meeting will be held Tuesday from 4-7 at the Ballard Center Community Room in La Center.
Roads & Highways