Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Around the Nation
Fri November 29, 2013
Fired Pizza Hut Manager Offered His Job Back
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 10:42 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
It's a happy ending after all for Tony Rohr's Thanksgiving dispute with Pizza Hut. The Elkhart, Indiana Pizza Hut manager was fired earlier this month for refusing to open on Thanksgiving. He wanted his employees to spend the holiday with their families. Rohr's story went viral, boycotts threats emerged, Pizza Hut headquarters urged the franchise to reinstate Rohr and now they have.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.