Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Around the Nation
Fri November 29, 2013
Fired Pizza Hut Manager Offered His Job Back
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 10:42 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
It's a happy ending after all for Tony Rohr's Thanksgiving dispute with Pizza Hut. The Elkhart, Indiana Pizza Hut manager was fired earlier this month for refusing to open on Thanksgiving. He wanted his employees to spend the holiday with their families. Rohr's story went viral, boycotts threats emerged, Pizza Hut headquarters urged the franchise to reinstate Rohr and now they have.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.