Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Kills Two in Stewart Co.
A Stewart County fire has killed two people and burned a teenager. The Leaf-Chronicle reports six people were in the mobile home early Thursday when the fire broke out in the Indian Mound community in eastern Stewart. Fire & Rescue Assistant Chief Rick Joiner says the names of the victims would not be released until the state medical examiner identifies them.
A youth, thought to be in his mid- to late teens, was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville. Three others, an adult male and two juveniles, escaped from the home and were also receiving medical treatment.
Roads & Highways