Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Kills Two in Stewart Co.
A Stewart County fire has killed two people and burned a teenager. The Leaf-Chronicle reports six people were in the mobile home early Thursday when the fire broke out in the Indian Mound community in eastern Stewart. Fire & Rescue Assistant Chief Rick Joiner says the names of the victims would not be released until the state medical examiner identifies them.
A youth, thought to be in his mid- to late teens, was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville. Three others, an adult male and two juveniles, escaped from the home and were also receiving medical treatment.
Roads & Highways