Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Kills Two in Stewart Co.
A Stewart County fire has killed two people and burned a teenager. The Leaf-Chronicle reports six people were in the mobile home early Thursday when the fire broke out in the Indian Mound community in eastern Stewart. Fire & Rescue Assistant Chief Rick Joiner says the names of the victims would not be released until the state medical examiner identifies them.
A youth, thought to be in his mid- to late teens, was airlifted to Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville. Three others, an adult male and two juveniles, escaped from the home and were also receiving medical treatment.
Roads & Highways