Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue March 31, 2009
Fire Department to Pay for Fuel
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Board members of the Reidland-Farley Fire Protection District voted to pay 10 thousand dollars for fuel distributed at the Reidland fire station after January's ice storm. The Paducah Sun reports the department will seek reimbursement for the fuel from FEMA despite misplacing records that show how the fuel was used. Board Secretary-Treasurer Vernon Hudson says the department will file for reimbursement the same as they have for all other expenses. County officials have wondered whether FEMA will grant the reimbursement without the misplaced records.