Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu May 14, 2009
Fire Department Clear of Wrongdoing
By Angela Hatton
Reidland, KY – The Kentucky State Police say claims that the Reidland-Farley Fire Department improperly distributed fuel during the ice storm are unfounded. KSP Trooper Dean Patterson says officers conducted several interviews with fire department employees and community members and found no evidence to support the allegations. An investigation began after McCracken County Judge Executive Van Newberry received an anonymous letter. Patterson says police are now working to finish formal investigations and will soon close the case.