Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Crews Douse I-24 Fire
A semi-trailer fire closed a section of I-24 in Trigg County for most of the morning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd, the semi was on its way to Miami with a truckload of pears when it caught fire around 5:30 AM.
Road crews shut down the east bound lanes at Exit 65 to allow firefighters to put out the blaze. Todd says a backhoe had to be brought in to dismantle the truck and remove debris. Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department officials say a brake failure may have caused the fire. No one was injured.