Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Crews Douse I-24 Fire
A semi-trailer fire closed a section of I-24 in Trigg County for most of the morning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd, the semi was on its way to Miami with a truckload of pears when it caught fire around 5:30 AM.
Road crews shut down the east bound lanes at Exit 65 to allow firefighters to put out the blaze. Todd says a backhoe had to be brought in to dismantle the truck and remove debris. Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department officials say a brake failure may have caused the fire. No one was injured.