Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Crews Douse I-24 Fire
A semi-trailer fire closed a section of I-24 in Trigg County for most of the morning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd, the semi was on its way to Miami with a truckload of pears when it caught fire around 5:30 AM.
Road crews shut down the east bound lanes at Exit 65 to allow firefighters to put out the blaze. Todd says a backhoe had to be brought in to dismantle the truck and remove debris. Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department officials say a brake failure may have caused the fire. No one was injured.