Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri November 23, 2012
Fire Crews Douse I-24 Fire
A semi-trailer fire closed a section of I-24 in Trigg County for most of the morning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd, the semi was on its way to Miami with a truckload of pears when it caught fire around 5:30 AM.
Road crews shut down the east bound lanes at Exit 65 to allow firefighters to put out the blaze. Todd says a backhoe had to be brought in to dismantle the truck and remove debris. Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department officials say a brake failure may have caused the fire. No one was injured.