Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri June 29, 2012
Fire Burns Land Around Pennyrile Parkway
Officials say sparks from an electric line caused yesterday's wildfire along the Pennyrile Parkway in Christian County.
The fire began around 4 pm on the east side of the Parkway near Hopkinsville. Heavy smoke drifting onto the highway caused officials to detour traffic for about 7 miles. Nearly 20 professional and volunteer fire departments fought the blaze which burned more than 500 acres according to early estimates. The highway reopened around 3 am this morning. Kentucky Division of Forestry’s Lynn True says the parkway fire underscores how vulnerable dry conditions have made western Kentucky.