Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 23, 2012
Fines for parking fraud increase
Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags to $600 next year. The new law also imposes a $1,000 fine on any healthcare provider that knowingly falsifies the certification that allows someone to get a disability plate or parking decal.
In addition, anyone who improperly uses a dead person’s handicap placard will face a minimum $2,500 fine. The laws are part of Governor Pat Quinn’s efforts to reduce fraud across the state.