Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon July 23, 2012
Fines for parking fraud increase
Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags to $600 next year. The new law also imposes a $1,000 fine on any healthcare provider that knowingly falsifies the certification that allows someone to get a disability plate or parking decal.
In addition, anyone who improperly uses a dead person’s handicap placard will face a minimum $2,500 fine. The laws are part of Governor Pat Quinn’s efforts to reduce fraud across the state.