Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon July 23, 2012
Fines for parking fraud increase
Illinois legislation will raise fines for people that misuse disabled parking tags to $600 next year. The new law also imposes a $1,000 fine on any healthcare provider that knowingly falsifies the certification that allows someone to get a disability plate or parking decal.
In addition, anyone who improperly uses a dead person’s handicap placard will face a minimum $2,500 fine. The laws are part of Governor Pat Quinn’s efforts to reduce fraud across the state.