Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri November 2, 2012
Filmmakers Discuss Hank Cochran Documentary
Hank Cochran was a prolific songwriter, penning hits recorded by artists ranging from Patsy Cline and Burl Ives to Natalie Cole. But Cochran more than just the songs he wrote. And that’s what producer Greg Welsch and director Wesley Pryor want to show in their documentary “Livin’ For a Song” showing this weekend at the River’s Edge International Film Festival in Paducah. The documentary show times are 3 p.m. Friday at the Maiden Alley Cinema and 1 p.m. Saturday at the Market House Studio Theatre.
Whitney Jones spoke with Welsch and Pryor, who are musicians themselves, about their experience making the film with the music legend.