Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri November 2, 2012
Filmmakers Discuss Hank Cochran Documentary
Hank Cochran was a prolific songwriter, penning hits recorded by artists ranging from Patsy Cline and Burl Ives to Natalie Cole. But Cochran more than just the songs he wrote. And that’s what producer Greg Welsch and director Wesley Pryor want to show in their documentary “Livin’ For a Song” showing this weekend at the River’s Edge International Film Festival in Paducah. The documentary show times are 3 p.m. Friday at the Maiden Alley Cinema and 1 p.m. Saturday at the Market House Studio Theatre.
Whitney Jones spoke with Welsch and Pryor, who are musicians themselves, about their experience making the film with the music legend.