Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon May 4, 2009
Fifth Possible Swine Flu Case
By Angela Hatton
Fort Knox, KY – Fort Knox has closed its child care center after health officials found a probable case of swine flu. This is the fifth possible case in Kentucky, including one near Bowling Green. A spokesman says child care has been suspended at the U.S. Army post in central Kentucky through at least Wednesday after a child with flu-like symptoms attended the center last week. The child has not been hospitalized. The state has one confirmed case of the swine flu involving a Warren County woman who is hospitalized in Georgia.