Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri February 6, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – President Barack Obama's signing of a major federal disaster declaration for Kentucky means more disaster assistance for the state, but that still doesn't include individuals. Federal Emergency Management Public Information Officer Don Daniels says the declaration is right now designated as public assistance only.
"Under the public assistance declaration, that entitles city and county governments to be reimbursed for their expenses like debris removal. And for certain categories to reimburse them for expenses that incurred during this disaster."
Daniels says FEMA will receive damage assessments and reports from local governments before dispersing money. FEMA plans to reimburse 75-percent of the funds spent on recovery efforts.