Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue June 24, 2014
The Felice Brothers On World Cafe
Originally published on Tue July 1, 2014 11:01 am
Today we'll hear a live set from The Felice Brothers, recorded on stage at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia. James Felice, who leads the band with his brother Ian, also talks with World Cafe's Michaela Majoun.
The Felices began crafting their hard-to-define, folk-influenced music in the Catskill Mountains of New York, where they often performed at family gatherings. They eventually headed to the city to play in the New York subway; soon, The Felice Brothers had gigs at festivals across the country. The band's ramshackle mix of folk, R&B and Americana storytelling has continued to evolve over the years.
The Felice Brothers' fifth album, Favorite Waitress, came out earlier this month.