Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 27, 2009
Feds Give KY $12.9m for Hybrid Buses
Washington D.C. – A Kentucky group will receive almost $13 million in federal stimulus money to purchase new hybrid electric school buses. U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu announced yesterday the Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition will use the money to replace 190 diesel-powered buses in school districts across the state. The Department of Energy estimates that the project will save some 122,000 gallons of petroleum per year. Chu says the buses will be part of a nationwide initiative to increase energy security, decrease dependence on oil and reduce pollution.