Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed March 28, 2012
Federal Funds to Help Bridge Repairs
The US Department of Transportation will award a $9 million dollar grant to the Kentucky for repairs to the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge. Kentucky 1st District US Representative Ed Whitfield says the grant is authorized under the Emergency Relief program within the Federal Highway’s Administration. Whitfield says the money will help to restore the span crossing Kentucky Lake in a timely manner. Governor Steve Beshear says repairs should be complete by the Memorial Day holiday weekend or the contractor performing repairs faces hefty fines.