Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri July 24, 2009
Federal Funding for Western Kentucky
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – A bill making its way through Congress would provide funding for at least two institution in western Kentucky. The U-S House has approved a labor and education bill, which includes money for the Breathitt Veterinary Center and West Kentucky Community and Technical College. Breathitt's 350-thousand dollar allocation would go to updating laboratory equipment and furthering education. The 250-thousand dollar appropriation for WKCTC would help with a training center in Graves County. The measure goes to the Senate for consideration.