Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri October 23, 2009
Federal Fugitive Apprehended in McCracken Co.
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A federal fugitive is in custody today after a Kentucky State trooper stopped to aid what he presumed was a stranded motorist in McCracken County last night. When the trooper approached the vehicle's driver around 9:30 near the 13 mile marker on I-24, the driver fled on foot. It was then determined that the man was 41-year-old Scott Herman, who was wanted by US Marshals and the FBI.
A search by state police, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department, and the Paducah Police located Herman in a field off Husbands Road a little over 2 hours later. Herman is being housed in the McCracken County jail on charges of fleeing and evading. Federal charges are pending.