Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 23, 2009
Federal Fugitive Apprehended in McCracken Co.
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – A federal fugitive is in custody today after a Kentucky State trooper stopped to aid what he presumed was a stranded motorist in McCracken County last night. When the trooper approached the vehicle's driver around 9:30 near the 13 mile marker on I-24, the driver fled on foot. It was then determined that the man was 41-year-old Scott Herman, who was wanted by US Marshals and the FBI.
A search by state police, the McCracken County Sheriff's Department, and the Paducah Police located Herman in a field off Husbands Road a little over 2 hours later. Herman is being housed in the McCracken County jail on charges of fleeing and evading. Federal charges are pending.