Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed February 20, 2013
February Underwriter Spotlight: Paducah Bank
Last year, WKMS proudly welcomed Paducah Bank as a new underwriter and corporate partner. This year, Paducah Bank is celebrating a milestone 65th anniversary. After creating a charter in the summer of 1947, the Paducah Bank opened for business in January of 1948 with total assets of $100,000.
After 65 years of banking and financial services, Paducah Bank remains the only locally-owned bank in the Paducah and has earned numerous accolades including Best Place to Work in Kentucky (2006), Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce's Business of the Year (2008), and one of the Top 15 Small Workplaces in North America by the Wall Street Journal (2008).
Paducah Bank President Wally Bateman attributes much of the bank's success to its long-standing philosophy of creating a culture of exceptionalism. That exceptional influence can be felt in Paducah and far beyond. "Being a local bank doesn't restrict Paducah Bank's impact on just our own community," says Susan Guess, Vice President of Marketing. "We FIRMLY believe that for our region to succeed, we must collaborate to reach heights that none of us could attain alone. WKMS is one of those fabulous assets to our entire area and one of the entities that we believe deserves our full support." You can learn more about Paducah Bank's products, services, and history at www.paducahbank.com.