Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue July 17, 2012
Fatal Ohio River Boating Accident
An early morning boating accident on the Ohio River has left one man dead and another narrowly escaping with his life.
The two men were boating on the Ohio river near the Olmstead lock and dam when their boat overturned. One man swam to safety local rescue patrols recovered the body of the second man. Police haven't released the identity of the victim. Ballard Country Emergency Management officials say the boaters were too close to a dam and lock when the accident occurred.