Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Tue July 17, 2012
Fatal Ohio River Boating Accident
An early morning boating accident on the Ohio River has left one man dead and another narrowly escaping with his life.
The two men were boating on the Ohio river near the Olmstead lock and dam when their boat overturned. One man swam to safety local rescue patrols recovered the body of the second man. Police haven't released the identity of the victim. Ballard Country Emergency Management officials say the boaters were too close to a dam and lock when the accident occurred.