Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon February 22, 2010
Fatal Crash Leads to Death, Home Invasion Under Investigation
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – UPDATE, 4:45 PM: The Hopkins County Sheriff's Department has linked several recent robberies to a fatal crash that happened over the weekend. Sheriff's Detective Shawn Bean says three home invasions occurred early Saturday morning in Hopkins County. Bean says detectives have also found a connection to another burglary in Caldwell County and prior vehicle thefts.
The Hopkins County Sheriff's Department continues to investigate a possible burglary connection to a fatal crash that happened over the weekend. Sheriff's Detective Shawn Bean says three home invasions occurred early Saturday morning. Soon after, a Kentucky State Police trooper noticed a car and driver who matched the perpetrator's description. The vehicle contained two young adults and two juveniles. While in pursuit, the vehicle failed to stop at an intersection and hit the side of a tractor trailer truck. One juvenile died as a result of his injuries. The three other occupants were airlifted to hospitals in Evansville, Indiana. Their status is unknown. The driver of the tractor trailer also sustained injury and was treated and released from the Regional Medical Center in Madisonville. Detective Bean says officers are still conducting interviews in the burglary cases and have no formal suspects yet.