Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri July 3, 2009
Fatal Crash in Hopkins County
By Caleb Campbell
Madisonville, KY – One woman is dead and several others injured after a fatal collision in Madisonville last night. Twenty-year-old Erick Hendrix was driving at a high speed with three other passengers when he lost control of the vehicle and veered onto sidewalk and a yard. He struck two pedestrians, Lachelle Williams and Thomasa Wallace, who had been standing outside. Hendrix continued along the sidewalk, striking a building before coming to a halt at an intersection. He and the rest of the passengers fled the scene. Williams died as a result of her injuries and Wallace was taken by ambulance to the local hospital. Police arrested Hendrix and charged him with murder, DUI 2nd Offense, leaving the scene of an accident, and possession of an open alcoholic beverage in a vehicle. He is in custody at the Hopkins County Detention Center.