Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Around the Nation
Fri March 28, 2014
Fastest Growing U.S. City Is A Retirement Community
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 10:24 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
The fastest-growing city in the country is not what you'd expect, not a trendy tech hub, not an edgy edge city. It's The Villages, in Central Florida. Nobody under 55 can live there. Aging boomers have made The Villages the biggest retirement community in the world - specializing in microbrew, golf courses and November-December romance; also, the world's longest golf cart parade.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.