Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Around the Nation
Fri March 28, 2014
Fastest Growing U.S. City Is A Retirement Community
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 10:24 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
The fastest-growing city in the country is not what you'd expect, not a trendy tech hub, not an edgy edge city. It's The Villages, in Central Florida. Nobody under 55 can live there. Aging boomers have made The Villages the biggest retirement community in the world - specializing in microbrew, golf courses and November-December romance; also, the world's longest golf cart parade.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.