Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed March 31, 2010
Fanfarlo On World Cafe
Thanks to a soaring sound and down-to-earth songwriting sensibilities, the London-based band Fanfarlo was one of 2009's fastest-growing buzz bands. Led by Swedish songwriter Simon Balthazar, Fanfarlo was formed in 2006, and soon began touring and releasing new music. Its first full-length album, the critically acclaimed Reservoir, came out last year.
Fanfarlo's spiky indie-pop feels both fresh and familiar. In addition to the usual lineup of drums, bass and guitars, the group employs an array of instruments ranging from keyboards and mandolin to horns. The result is a style that's ambitious yet emotionally engaging.
This segment originally ran Nov. 19, 2009.