Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon August 3, 2009
Fancy Farm draws more than Kentuckians
By Todd Hatton
Fancy Farm, KY – Once upon a time, American politics were strictly analog. Politicians stumped in person, not on YouTube. Voters read about the issues in newspapers, printed on real newsprint, and communities would come together to hear and see the candidates debate those issues in a no-holds-barred political theater. That tradition still lives on in the annual Fancy Farm Picnic, held in rural Graves County. Todd Hatton went to this year's event, and discovered that it isn't just Kentuckans who value the picnic in this digital soundbyte era.