Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 3, 2009
Fancy Farm draws more than Kentuckians
By Todd Hatton
Fancy Farm, KY – Once upon a time, American politics were strictly analog. Politicians stumped in person, not on YouTube. Voters read about the issues in newspapers, printed on real newsprint, and communities would come together to hear and see the candidates debate those issues in a no-holds-barred political theater. That tradition still lives on in the annual Fancy Farm Picnic, held in rural Graves County. Todd Hatton went to this year's event, and discovered that it isn't just Kentuckans who value the picnic in this digital soundbyte era.