Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 29, 2009
Family Trust Donates $300,000 to Henry County Charities
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A family trust worth over $300,000 has been donated to several charities in Henry County, Tennessee. Bill Williams, the son of the late W. Bryant and Julia Williams, presented the gifts Sunday afternoon at the Paris-Henry County Heritage Center. The trust's origin comes from the sale of a painting passed down for generations in the family. The Williams' donation will be divided among six different charities in Henry County, including: the Heritage Center, Relay for Life, Christian Children's Fund, Habitat for Humanity, First Presbyterian Church, and The Salvation Army. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports the Heritage Center received the largest portion of the money, just under $100,000.