Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu January 17, 2013
Fake Facebook Profile Causes Confusion for Hopkins County Parents
A fake account on the Hopkins County School System Facebook page confused some parents trying to get information about school closings Tuesday night. Community Engagement Specialist Lori Harrison is the administrator for the school’s page. Harrison says another account that looked similar to the official one posted inappropriate comments on the site.
She says the comments confused and offended some parents who believed they were viewing the school’s account. Harrison says administrator’s investigation of the comments delayed phone calls to parents about school closings and some families were not informed. She says the account has been reported to Facebook, and the school system is not pursuing the matter further.