Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 17, 2013
Fake Facebook Profile Causes Confusion for Hopkins County Parents
A fake account on the Hopkins County School System Facebook page confused some parents trying to get information about school closings Tuesday night. Community Engagement Specialist Lori Harrison is the administrator for the school’s page. Harrison says another account that looked similar to the official one posted inappropriate comments on the site.
She says the comments confused and offended some parents who believed they were viewing the school’s account. Harrison says administrator’s investigation of the comments delayed phone calls to parents about school closings and some families were not informed. She says the account has been reported to Facebook, and the school system is not pursuing the matter further.