Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 21, 2009
Extension of Grant Announced for Cleanup of Gaseous Diffusion Plant
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Department of Energy has awarded a 2.4 million dollar extension to the grant for environmental research and cleanup at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. Senator Mitch McConnell announced the extension Wednesday, saying it will enable the Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment to assist in the work. The consortium plans to use the funds, which will last through September 30, 2010, to address the technical aspects of the cleanup.