Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed January 21, 2009
Extension of Grant Announced for Cleanup of Gaseous Diffusion Plant
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Department of Energy has awarded a 2.4 million dollar extension to the grant for environmental research and cleanup at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. Senator Mitch McConnell announced the extension Wednesday, saying it will enable the Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment to assist in the work. The consortium plans to use the funds, which will last through September 30, 2010, to address the technical aspects of the cleanup.