Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed January 21, 2009
Extension of Grant Announced for Cleanup of Gaseous Diffusion Plant
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Department of Energy has awarded a 2.4 million dollar extension to the grant for environmental research and cleanup at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. Senator Mitch McConnell announced the extension Wednesday, saying it will enable the Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment to assist in the work. The consortium plans to use the funds, which will last through September 30, 2010, to address the technical aspects of the cleanup.