Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed January 21, 2009
Extension of Grant Announced for Cleanup of Gaseous Diffusion Plant
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Department of Energy has awarded a 2.4 million dollar extension to the grant for environmental research and cleanup at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. Senator Mitch McConnell announced the extension Wednesday, saying it will enable the Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment to assist in the work. The consortium plans to use the funds, which will last through September 30, 2010, to address the technical aspects of the cleanup.