Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed January 21, 2009
Extension of Grant Announced for Cleanup of Gaseous Diffusion Plant
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Department of Energy has awarded a 2.4 million dollar extension to the grant for environmental research and cleanup at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant. Senator Mitch McConnell announced the extension Wednesday, saying it will enable the Kentucky Research Consortium for Energy and the Environment to assist in the work. The consortium plans to use the funds, which will last through September 30, 2010, to address the technical aspects of the cleanup.