Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 11, 2010
Executive Inn Estimates
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah officials estimate it will cost the city over a million dollars to tear down the Executive Inn. The cost will mostly depend on how much of the building's materials can be recycled. Downtown Development Director Steve Doolittle says some of the hotel's content may be sold to the public through a liquidating firm, such as the hotel's iconic big E' signs. Bids could be awarded this spring to clear the site with a half-year deadline. The Paducah Sun reports Mayor Bill Paxton wants a new hotel under construction by early next year.