Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon January 11, 2010
Executive Inn Estimates
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah officials estimate it will cost the city over a million dollars to tear down the Executive Inn. The cost will mostly depend on how much of the building's materials can be recycled. Downtown Development Director Steve Doolittle says some of the hotel's content may be sold to the public through a liquidating firm, such as the hotel's iconic big E' signs. Bids could be awarded this spring to clear the site with a half-year deadline. The Paducah Sun reports Mayor Bill Paxton wants a new hotel under construction by early next year.