Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed September 9, 2009
Ex-Army Soldier Files Notice of Appeal
Louisville, KY – A former soldier sentenced to five consecutive life sentences has filed notice he is appealing his conviction for the rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the shooting deaths of three of her family members.
Attorneys for former Private First Class Steven Dale Green filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Louisville, four days after a judge issued the sentence.
A civilian jury in Paducah convicted the 24-year-old Green in May of rape and multiple counts of murder for the March 2006 deaths of the al-Janabi family at their rural home outside Mahmoudiya, Iraq, about 20 miles south of Baghdad.