Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed September 9, 2009
Ex-Army Soldier Files Notice of Appeal
Louisville, KY – A former soldier sentenced to five consecutive life sentences has filed notice he is appealing his conviction for the rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the shooting deaths of three of her family members.
Attorneys for former Private First Class Steven Dale Green filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Louisville, four days after a judge issued the sentence.
A civilian jury in Paducah convicted the 24-year-old Green in May of rape and multiple counts of murder for the March 2006 deaths of the al-Janabi family at their rural home outside Mahmoudiya, Iraq, about 20 miles south of Baghdad.