Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 9, 2009
Ex-Army Soldier Files Notice of Appeal
Louisville, KY – A former soldier sentenced to five consecutive life sentences has filed notice he is appealing his conviction for the rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the shooting deaths of three of her family members.
Attorneys for former Private First Class Steven Dale Green filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Louisville, four days after a judge issued the sentence.
A civilian jury in Paducah convicted the 24-year-old Green in May of rape and multiple counts of murder for the March 2006 deaths of the al-Janabi family at their rural home outside Mahmoudiya, Iraq, about 20 miles south of Baghdad.