Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed September 9, 2009
Ex-Army Soldier Files Notice of Appeal
Louisville, KY – A former soldier sentenced to five consecutive life sentences has filed notice he is appealing his conviction for the rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the shooting deaths of three of her family members.
Attorneys for former Private First Class Steven Dale Green filed the notice yesterday in U.S. District Court in Louisville, four days after a judge issued the sentence.
A civilian jury in Paducah convicted the 24-year-old Green in May of rape and multiple counts of murder for the March 2006 deaths of the al-Janabi family at their rural home outside Mahmoudiya, Iraq, about 20 miles south of Baghdad.