Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon September 9, 2013
Ethics Panel Approves Richie Farmer's Plea Deal
Kentucky's Executive Branch Ethics Commission has approved an agreement with former two-term Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer to resolve administrative charges related to his management of the department. That agreement is part of an overall deal that will also resolve government corruption charges pending in state and federal court.
Farmer, who played on a University of Kentucky basketball team dubbed the “Unforgettables," faces about 2 years in prison under a plea deal announced Thursday.
He had been scheduled to stand trial October 22nd on a five-count federal indictment. He is expected to enter guilty pleas to the criminal charges on Friday.
Farmer could have been sentenced to 10 years in prison if he had been convicted.