Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon September 9, 2013
Ethics Panel Approves Richie Farmer's Plea Deal
Kentucky's Executive Branch Ethics Commission has approved an agreement with former two-term Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer to resolve administrative charges related to his management of the department. That agreement is part of an overall deal that will also resolve government corruption charges pending in state and federal court.
Farmer, who played on a University of Kentucky basketball team dubbed the “Unforgettables," faces about 2 years in prison under a plea deal announced Thursday.
He had been scheduled to stand trial October 22nd on a five-count federal indictment. He is expected to enter guilty pleas to the criminal charges on Friday.
Farmer could have been sentenced to 10 years in prison if he had been convicted.