Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu November 13, 2008
Ethanol Plant Plans Scrapped
By Carrie Pond
Henderson, KY – Plans for an $85 million dollar ethanol plant in western Kentucky have been scrapped. President and CEO Kevin Sheilley of the development agency Northwest Kentucky Forward tells The Henderson Gleaner the project by Kentucky Five Star is dead. The limited liability corporation had optioned a 95-acre tract in an industrial park between Robards and Sebree. The rising cost of corn and increasing public opposition to using food grains for fuel were seen as factors. The British chemical company Ineos Group is interested in using the site to produce fuel. The Group's website indicates the company is developing technology to turn landfill waste into fuel.