Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu April 17, 2014
Ephemera Paducah Hosts Card-Making Project for Troops
This Saturday (April 19), Ephemera Paducah hosts a card-making day following Operation Write Home guidelines. Kristen Williams joins Kate Lochte on Sounds Good with details about the 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. event providing deployed troops hand-made greeting cards to send back home to loved ones.
Started by Sandy Allknock in 2007, thousands of cardmakers throughout the country made hand-crafted greeting cards to send to deployed troops so that they can send cards back home to their loved ones. Creativity is free-reign so bring artistic talents. Studio tools and supplies will be provided, but bring your won papers, glues and embellishments.