Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri October 3, 2008
EPA Orders Princeton Water Testing
By Casey Northcutt
Murray, KY – Caldwell County water officials are preparing for extra testing required by the Environmental Protection Agency. Water District Supervisor Dixie Cayce says the agency has designed new testing procedures to detect contamination like the traces of medical products that have shown up in water sources across the country. No single event has prompted the testing, but Cayce says the EPA likes to test the water if there is even a chance of contamination. Although the procedures could cost the county extra money, the supervisor says clean water is worthwhile. "It could cost money in the long run, but you have to make allowances for it. When you find something that needs to be monitored, costs can't be a deterrent." Testing for the water district is schedule to begin in November.