Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon January 28, 2013
Environmental Technology Professor Finds Joy in Writing Detective Fiction
Steve Schneiderman teaches in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology at Murray State. In the wee hours of the morning he goes to his office for the solitude of after-hours and chuckles as he writes the continuing adventures of technically proficient but otherwise feckless detective Louie Leppedimay (a.k.a. Lippodoodle, Lippadoomie, and other similar attempts at the name). Schneiderman credits Mel Brooks as one of his inspirations.