Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri August 24, 2012
Energy Department Contractor and USEC Settle
The federal government and Department of Energy contractor Bechtel Jacobs have reached a 230-thousand-dollar settlement over allegations the company improperly disposed of radioactive waste from the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant. The settlement was unsealed yesterday in U-S District Court in Paducah. It does not require Bechtel Jacobs to admit fault and clears the company of liability related to improper disposals from 1998 through 2004. The settlement ends a 10-year legal battle started by two former plant employees on behalf of the federal government.