Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Thu July 12, 2012
Energy Consumers Should be Aware of Bill Scam
The Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative is warning its members about a telemarketing scam offering bogus payment of energy bills.
Co-op members are being told that their bills will be paid with funds from a special federal program, but it requires the member’s personal information such as their social security number.
Similar bill payment scams are currently being investigated in Mississippi, North Carolina, and Arizona. Co-op members are urged to contact local energy suppliers if they receive phone requests for personal information.