Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu July 12, 2012
Energy Consumers Should be Aware of Bill Scam
The Jackson Purchase Energy Cooperative is warning its members about a telemarketing scam offering bogus payment of energy bills.
Co-op members are being told that their bills will be paid with funds from a special federal program, but it requires the member’s personal information such as their social security number.
Similar bill payment scams are currently being investigated in Mississippi, North Carolina, and Arizona. Co-op members are urged to contact local energy suppliers if they receive phone requests for personal information.