Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri July 24, 2009
Enabling economic growth in Western Kentucky
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Situated at the confluence of four rivers and several major rail lines, western Kentucky has long been positioned for economic growth. In the past, however, that growth has been slowed by the lack of a unified voice for these western counties. Now, a new group that brings the various chambers of commerce together to lobby for the region is looking to change that. Todd Hatton spoke to Betsy Flynn, the chairperson of the West Kentucky Regional Chamber Alliance, about the organization, its work, and her optimism for an area that could certainly use some in these uncertain economic times.