Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri July 24, 2009
Enabling economic growth in Western Kentucky
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Situated at the confluence of four rivers and several major rail lines, western Kentucky has long been positioned for economic growth. In the past, however, that growth has been slowed by the lack of a unified voice for these western counties. Now, a new group that brings the various chambers of commerce together to lobby for the region is looking to change that. Todd Hatton spoke to Betsy Flynn, the chairperson of the West Kentucky Regional Chamber Alliance, about the organization, its work, and her optimism for an area that could certainly use some in these uncertain economic times.