Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Thu March 7, 2013
Empty Bowls Gives $20K to Community Kitchen
This year’s Empty Bowls Project came to an end this week with the charity’s coordinator handing a $20,000 check to Paducah’s Community Kitchen.
That amount is $1,200 less than last year even though the event’s coordinator Michael Terra says an additional 200 people showed. He says the contribution decrease was due to increased operating costs.
The Empty Bowls Project is a dinner where patrons buy a handmade bowl to keep and then fill it with food donated by local restaurants.