Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu March 7, 2013
Empty Bowls Gives $20K to Community Kitchen
This year’s Empty Bowls Project came to an end this week with the charity’s coordinator handing a $20,000 check to Paducah’s Community Kitchen.
That amount is $1,200 less than last year even though the event’s coordinator Michael Terra says an additional 200 people showed. He says the contribution decrease was due to increased operating costs.
The Empty Bowls Project is a dinner where patrons buy a handmade bowl to keep and then fill it with food donated by local restaurants.