Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Around the Nation
Tue September 17, 2013
Employee Gives School Principal Pot As A Gift
Originally published on Tue September 17, 2013 8:38 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
The head of a Rhode Island school was named Providence Principal of the Year, but that was only the start of the accolades. Police say an employee, Christopher Michael Sheehan, gave his boss a present to celebrate - a half ounce of marijuana. Mr. Sheehan was arrested. Just to be clear, since it can apparently be easy to forget, Rhode Island is not one of the states that has legalized pot, and especially not in a school zone.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.