Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 20, 2008
Emergency Vehicle Computers
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Homeland Security Grant will likely make Hopkins County the first in Kentucky to outfit emergency vehicles will mobile data terminals. Sheriff Frank Latham tells the Madisonville Messenger the 135 thousand dollar grant is the latest of nearly 800 thousand dollars the county has received from state and federal Homeland Security offices to fund the Mobile Data Terminal Program. The computer units will allow various county agencies to share information. Latham says the system has crime mapping software, and also includes a G-I-S component which allows responders to identity their colleague's location in emergency situations.